.jpg)
It's been a long, cold, heart breaking 6 weeks.
It feels like a life time.
This year has been full of pain. If I look over my journal I see tear stained, tattered, questioning pages.
It kills me to talk to the 11 year old who is a meth addict--his father showed him how. Why God?
I can still see the sweet baby girl I held in the streets of Cambodia--I feel the effects of my crushed heart as I realized she would most likely not make it to her 5th birthday. Its not Fair Lord!
I have experienced more hear break then I care to.
I have seen to the evils of the sinful man in explicit, ugly ways.
And I have fallen in love with Jesus more then ever before. I love how He loves. I love His soft heart. I love his justice.
I love how my heat can be shattered all over the streets of Portland and he gently picks up the pieces and makes them whole again.
I love that when my world hangs by a thread I can look up and see Him not moving. My Rock. I love that though there is pain and great suffering He is there.
What did I see on the streets of Portland? I found this: Jesus is the only thing worth putting your trust in.
He will not fail. He does not fail and He is always worth it.
-jocelyn.elise
2 comments:
Hey Jocelyn!
This is Jacob and Pam from the wedding you shot, trying to find your contact info and this was all I could find...
Please email me and we'll talk :)
Thanks,
Jacob
:: tapping foot ::
:: waiting for a new post ::
i love you! and i love your posts!
Post a Comment