Wednesday, April 9, 2008

i want to be a rock star!

I walk down the streets of Portland. I hear my name yelled. I see a friend who I meet on the streets come running up to me. We sit and talk about her day, about mine. 

After a few moments she gets us to walk to dinner. I give her a hug. "love you Jocelyn, thanks for listening."

She leaves me standing there wondering, has it really has been this simple my whole life and I just missed it. 


YES.                         It  is.                           It was.



I have been asked over and over again what the answer is. What is the problem with these kids? Why are they homeless? Why don't they just get a job? Why don't they just go home? 

I don't know why. The reasons are different as the people. Some reasons valid, some not. 

But this I do know:

No one wants them. Jesus pursuits their heart.

No one seems to notice them. Jesus knows what color their eyes are. 

I have found that the smallest acts are Jesus to these kids. Eye contact and a smile can grant a hopeless heart the courage to go on another day. 

+++++++++++++
more portraits to come, thank you for your prayers

gratefulness,
jocelyn.elise



No comments: