Tuesday, July 8, 2008

TRUE BLUE


I am getting good at goodbyes. Feels like every time I turn around I am saying farewell to a friend. 

I had to say a forever goodbye to True Blue, my suitcase today. 

True Blue has stuck with me over the past 4 years living through consistent travel including but not limited to. Texas, Indiana, Virginia, Tennessee , Taiwan, Cambodia, California, Washington, Nevada, Georgia, Hawaii and all over Portland when I was “homeless”. 

When I arrived in Cambodia true blue was not there. I was 10 hours up what looked like a river bed in a jungle village, sure I would not see that suitcase again. Yet, 5 days after I arrived along came a beat up pick up truck carrying my dear True Blue covered in red dirt, smashed, tattered but holding its own. I had never been more excited to see True Blue...the local clothing was a bit short for me....

True Blue stuck with me through the thousands of “how long ya staying” jokes, the “my gosh what is in this thing?” remarks. Watched with me as the the many people who picked us up from the airports eyes got big as they thought about just how true blue was going to fit in the car. There where some tight fits but we always made it. Somehow. 

Today I tried to pack true blue again, but he could not do it. He is just too old, too may miles, too may airports and trunks, too may smashing, to many times of me sitting--or jumping to get that thing ziped. 

See ya good buddy, thanks for (mostly) showing up on the converter belt, thanks for keeping my shoes so nice. Thanks for rolling behind me though many cities and countries. 

I will miss you. 

ps
if you ever packed True Blue in your trunk, car or lifted it into something, carried it, rolled it or otherwise True Blue and I say thanks very much. It was fun. 



No comments: