Friday, March 7, 2008

the least


Jesus has this deal for no-nothings. 

He has an intense thing for failures

He has a deep love for the unlovely.  He is attracted to the unattractive.  He desires the undesirable. 

Among thousands he stopped for ONE poor blind man...on the way to die for me. He spent time with the dirty women, the ones who sold their bodies. He touched the lepers. He loved the little ones. He ate with the tax collectors. He fed the hungry. He loved the lame, the poor, the sinners, the captives, the lonely, the possessed, the least, the last




the words 
F O L L O W   M E 
strike a chord of fear in my flesh. Because Christ has a thing for dirty, uncool people. He delights in small acts of service that no one  takes notice of. It is becoming more and more daunting, yet addicting, endearing to FOLLOW HIM. Cause HE likes to go to the ENDS OF THE EARTH to SAVE ONE. The one whom I least expect. 

Viewing the world through Gods eyes is a painful and fulfilling thing. The rush of God's pleasure is worth my temporary discomfort. 

There is a connecting thread of radical obedience and active trust between what I say about God and the world and how I live in it

**

The month of March I will be working on a photo documentary with a video, photo and journalist team. Showing who the homeless in Portland are.  I will be spending most every moment with people who have nothing.  Watching them, talking to them, feeding them. Then in grace distribute hope to them, telling them of the only one who can PULL THEM OUT of darkness. 

I will do my best to keep you informed, there will be more detail soon. Please, please pray for me, for safety, this is no small feat. I feel I am in quite over my head. 

-jocelyn 


1 comment:

Hannah said...

We'll be praying(lots) for you, J.
Love you,
Sarah